- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
If this plugin is useful, could You please help me rate it? it will be a big encouragement to improve for meClick Remove Frame if you can not see demo page on CodeCanyon Live Preview default.
Table of Contents
- A. Introduction
- B. System required
- C. Installation & Settings
- D. Features
- E. Extra plugins
- F. Support and Documents
- WP Ajax Private Messages (WPM) is a Wordpress plugin, which can be used for communication, it enables users on your site to send private messages to each other, User can send private message to multiple groups (wordpress’s role) or multiple members with rich text editor – Wordpress editor default, user can attach photos, files to messages.
- Compatible with Bootstrap.
- All actions is handled by Ajax to increase the processing speed and improve efficiency, create a smooth feeling for user.
- User: manage/Password: manage
- User: user/Password: user
- Server is supported by PHP and MySQL.
- Word press 3.4 or higher
C) Installation & Settings
- Unzip the file
- Copy wp-private-messenger folder to wp-content/plugins
- Go to Plugins/Installed plugin, find WP Private Messenger and click active
- For default, we allow administrator and editor can settings the plugin, some option as:
- Remove all data when deactivating plugin: this option will delete all data, including some options and [prefix]_private_messenger, [prefix]_private_messenger_blacklist table, choose whether or not to activate.
- Administrators can control total numbers of items in messagebox of each user, group (Administrator, Editor, Author, Constributor and Subscriber), 100 items by default.
- Allow or disallow message sending feature for specified users.
- Setting schedules, WPM has 3 schedules, runs at background with CRON, You can set interval time to run schedules.
- Sending private message to groups/users, users with administration right such as admin, editor can send message to multi groups or users on backend, ordinary users, which low right can send messages in the frontend.
- Shortcode: You can create a custom page and enter a shortcode to show Send Message Form and Message List
- [wpm_messenger_list] shortcode: show message list for user, the webpage will not page the list, you can show more items by clicking the Load more button, this is handled by Ajax. For example: Facebook, Twitter,…
- [wpm_messenger_form] shortcode: show message sending form which is handled by Ajax.
- [messages_button recipient=”user”] shortcode: show a sending messages button
- Setting Sending message form and Message list custom page.
- Setting Limit the time between sending the message, 60 seconds by default, for security or anti spam, this will limit messages spam from users.
- Blacklist: If you do not want to receive messages from someone, you can block them by the blacklist feature, and can un-block anytime you want. (Note: you can not block admin)
- Email notifications: This feature will send email notification to all user, who have unread messages. Email notifications sending will be segmented, and sent with schedule, this will be set up in backend.
- Allow or disallow Sending message feature for specified users (only admin can set up this function)
- Setting schedule that allows to process specified event, WPM have 3 schedules:
- Clear trash: auto delete messages when schedule event is called.
- Sending email notifications: when the site has many users, sending email will be more difficult, therefore this function will make it easier, email sending will process with the interval time specified.
- Reset Notifications: this schedule will be reset with the interval time specified.
- Rich text editor, attach files, photo to messengers, only available on backend and user need upload files capability.
- Reply message to users, can CC (Carbon copy) to another users like Outlook, only available in backend as selectable option, frontend also can send to multiple users which separated by comma (,).
- Auto Suggest user list, available on backend.
- All the tasks such as Delete, Mark as read, Blacklist are handled by Ajax/jquery to help increase processing speed.
- Remind users when they have new messages or message box is full.
- Progress bar show the Message Box storage status. (Specified by admin)
- Keyword search in message content/subject.
- Message filter.
- Users can set signatures and attach it into messages.
- Users will have their own inbox and outbox; message quota is set by admin.
- Widget: show new messages when user log in.
E) Extra plugins:No need extra plugins
F) Support and Documents
- There is always a copy of the documentation included with the download, but you can also find the latest release of the documentation online here http://wpoffice.net/wp-private-messenger-plugin-wordpress
- If you prefer using email support, then you are more than welcome to send me an email via my Code Canyon Page: http://codecanyon.net/user/phpface
Version 3.5 Release Date 10.14.2013
[Fix] Removed Bootstrap CSS, JS; [Fix] Format displaying datetime. [Fix] Changed Popup notification. [Fix] Fixed sending email notification. [Fix] Updated language file. [Fix] Conflict in CSS. [New] Showing Recipient avatar at Outbox.
Version 3.4 Release Date 08.10.2013
Fix loading the language.
Version 3.3 Release Date 07.16.2013
[Update] Remove Sending messages on single post. [New] Update Sending Messages button shortcode.
Version 3.2 Release Date 05.22.2013
- [New] multiple delete messages - [Fix] Only load CS, JS on the plugin page.
Version 3.1 Updated Date 09.05.2013
[New] translate file. [Fix] save rich text messages. [Fix] Auto Ajax Editor.
Version 3.1 Updated Date 05.06.2013
- Fix permission allow new users send messages.
Version 3.1 update Date 04.29.2013
Update Frontend visual compose.
Version 3.1 Release Date 04.11.2013
- [New feature] Shortcode support, You can create a custom page and enter a shortcode to show Send Message Form and Message List Message list handled by Ajax. For example: Facebook, Twitter
- [New feature] Blacklist – If you do not want to receive messages from someone, you can block them by the blacklist feature, and can un-block anytime you want. (Note: you can not block admin)
- [New feature] Email notifications: This feature will send email notification to all user, who have unread messages. Email notifications sending will be segmented, and sent with schedule
- [New feature] Widget: show new messages when user log in.
- [New feature] Setting Limit the time between sending the message, 60 seconds by default, for security or anti spam, this will limit messages spam from users.
- [New feature] Allow or disallow Sending message feature for specified users
- [New feature] Adding button on content, allow send message to post’s author
Version 3.0 Release Date 06.04.2013
6 April 13
14 October 13
IE7, IE8, IE9, IE10, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome
WordPress 3.8, WordPress 3.7, WordPress 3.6, WordPress 3.5, WordPress 3.4