- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
Our FAQs plugin makes it easy to create FAQ sections on your WordPress powered blog. Simply activate, add FAQ items + groups, then display them on a post or page by using a shortcode.
- Create as many FAQ items and groups as you like via familiar UI
- Drag and drop to re-order your FAQ Items
- Utilises WordPress custom post types and taxonomies
- Output your FAQ’s using a simple shortcode
- Optional index at the top of each FAQ
- Upload the wp-faq plugin folder to your wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin from the WordPress admin panel
- Your ready! In the WP admin panel you will now see the ‘FAQ’ section, just below posts.
- Create FAQ Items (just like posts) from the Admin > FAQ Items page – you can even place them in categories (groups) if you want multiple FAQ lists.
- From the FAQ Items admin page you can drag and drop to re-order your items. This order can be used by the shortcode (see below).
- To show the FAQ use our
[faq]shortcode in a post or page.
- If you want to show it in the template itself use:
[faq] shortcode can be inserted into WordPress posts and pages takes the following arguments:
- id (optional) – ID of group to show, found by going to Admin > FAQ Items > FAQ Groups and hovering over a group.
- name (optional) – Name of group to show found by going to Admin > FAQ Items > FAQ Groups.
- slug (optional) – Slug of group to show found by going to Admin > FAQ Items > FAQ Groups.
- folding (optional) – Set to true by default. Set to true to enable jQuery folding up of items, or false to have them all revealed.
- orderby (optional) – title by default. Set to ‘menu_order’ to use the order your FAQ Items are defined (drag and drop to reorder).
- show_index (optional) – true by default. Set to false to hide the index at the top of the faq list.
If you want to show a group of FAQ items you must use either id, name, or slug so the plugin knows what group to show, otherwise it will show all FAQ items.
[faq name="Ninety"]– Show FAQ items in the ‘Ninety’ group
[faq name="Ninety" orderby="menu_order"]– Show FAQ items in the ‘Ninety’ group and order them using the drag and drop order.
[faq show_index="false"]– Show all FAQ Items without an index.
Additonal Notes / Support
If you find a bug with this plugin please give us full details in the comments section on CodeCanyon. From here we will assist.
However, we will not assist with styling and customisation issues – this is beyond the scope of support and should be performed by a developer/designer.
1.1.2 – 17.03.2013
- Fix show index
1.1.1 – 08.12.2012
- Check if base class exists
1.1.0 – 07.12.2012
- Full rewrite.
- Fixed ordering bugs.
- Introduced template system to allow overrides of FAQ display.
- Drag and drop FAQ ordering instead of input box based ordering.
1.0.1 – 09.02.2011
- Potential date bug fixed.
- Added filters to get_the_content().
- First Release.
13 November 10
19 February 13
WordPress 3.5, WordPress 3.4, WordPress 3.3, WordPress 3.2, WordPress 3.1, WordPress 3.0