- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
Smart Fields is a plugin which lets you build create custom fields in the most common locations of the WordPress administration area.
This plugin is great for adding fields in the administration area, but it’s up to you to display their values in your theme/plugin! This means that you need basic WordPress knowledge to be able to retrieve the right data, output it and style it according to your wishes.
- More than 20 field types
- Repeater Field
- Theme Options container
- Post Meta container
- User Meta container
- Term Meta container & custom API
- Widget – A base for you widget which can have all of the fields above in their forms
- Support for multilinual fields
- Field to Field Dependencies
A list of all available fields
- Set of Checkboxes
- Select Page
- Image Select
- Header Scripts
- Footer Scripts
- Select Term
- Select Sidebar (with the ability to add custom sidebars through that field)
- Google Font
The Repeater is one of the most powerful tools of Smart Fields. It allows you to create repeatable groups of fields, like slides in a single field.
You can also have multiple field groups, which have different fields inside of them. This means that
- If you are creating a slider, you can have an Image Slide, Video Slide, Text Slide, etc., each of them having it’s unique fields.
- If you are creating a page layout field, you could have a Testimonials section, a content section and much more. This way each page can have it’s unique layout.
The plugin automatically integrates with qTranslate, which is a free WordPress plugin which lets you have your site in multiple languages.
When both plugins are activated, Smart Fields displays an input for each enabled language. This way, the user can enter a value for each language without you having to add additional fields or change your code.
Demo & Docs
To feel the full power of this plugin, I’d recommend you to either go to the Live Preview and create a container, or view thedocumentationof the plugin to see all of the methods that are available to you and how easy to use they are.
13 May 13
20 May 13
IE7, IE8, IE9, IE10, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome