- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
Websites powered by Curly
If you want your site to be listed here then send us an e-mail with a link to your website.
AboutYou can learn more about Curly URL Shortener from the documentation. It is also included in your download.
Curly URL Shortener also supports multiple languages and custom themes. You can read more about that from the documentation linked above. There’s also a custom 404 page, here’s an example.
For now, you can view the administration in the screenshots but there will be a link to an administration demo with some actions disabled in the description once we’re done working on it.
If you like our work and would like to see more from us then please don’t forget to rate .
How to update?
Download the script and overwrite the files you previously had. Note that some changes you make to the code may be overwritten. Follow the documentation when translating or re-designing the site to avoid complications.
1.1.5 (November 8, 2012)
Fixed editing links in administration Temporarily removed last actions page from administration until it's stable
1.1.4 (October 13, 2012)
Fixed bulk deleting and editing in the administration panel
1.1.3 hotfix (October 5, 2012)
Fixed the initial blank screen error on some (windows?) hosts.
1.1.3 (September 8, 2012)
Fixed umlauts and diacritics in language files.
1.1.2 (August 25, 2012)
Added instructions about the GET method to the API page
1.1.1 (August 24, 2012)
Modified the API to allow usage of the GET method
1.1.0 (August 23, 2012)
Added adf.ly integration
1.0.1 (August 18, 2012)
Made the "slug" case-sensitive
Home page with latest actions Manage advertisements Editing/deleting links and users Multiple editing Five different user groups Promoting users to moderator or admin Banning users Trash bin from where you can restore deleted units
Custom alias and title Password protection Click limit Private links Statistics logging optional API and bookmarklet Statistics page QR Code Optionally adf.ly integration
Sort by clicks, title, date or creator Select time period (day, week, month, all time) View links you shortened separately
Change password and e-mail
- Owner: the first account you create during setup; has all the privileges
- Administrator: has access to the administration, but cannot view the Settings nor Advertisements tabs
- Moderator: cannot access the administration, but has privileges on the site (deleting comments)
- User: doesn’t have any special privileges, this is the default group
- Banned: cannot log in to the site
- PHP 5.3
- A database with the PHP PDO extension enabled
- Upload the downloaded files on a web hosting of your choice
- Give write permissions to /cache/ and /public/db/ folders using an FTP client or a file browser your hosting provides (usually chmod 755 or 777 if that doesn’t work)
- Open your browser and navigate to the site
- You should see the Curly database setup page
- Driver: your database type (most commonly MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- Host: the database server host (usually 127.0.0.1, if not, consult your hosting)
- Username, password: database user and password that your host should provide
- Database: name of the database you want to use
- Prefix: this will be prepended to all of the table names that the script creates in the database, this is useful if you only have one database and use it for multiple sites
Once you finish the database setup, you will be prompted to create a user account. The account you create now is the most privileged user on the site, it has access to the administration and can create other administrators. Once you finish this step, you’ll be on the home page logged in as the owner.
There’s more information available in the documentation.
18 August 12
IE9, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome